Earth To Paris—Le Hub: Two-Day Summit to Discuss Climate Action During COP21
Global convening to explore how bold new climate approaches and impactful solutions can help achieve a better world.
New York (Oct. 27, 2015) – Earth To Paris, a coalition of partners helping to drive awareness about the connection between people and planet as well as the need for strong climate action, announced it will host “Earth To Paris—Le Hub” a two-day, high-impact, live-streamed summit on 7 and 8 December in Paris during COP21 — the United Nations climate conference to deliver a new universal climate change agreement.
Earth To Paris—Le Hub will provide the opportunity for cross-sector, solutions-oriented engagement in climate change conversations around COP21; a platform for amplifying the conversation across social and digital media; and series of activations through inspiring calls to take bold, meaningful action to address climate change. Experts, advocates, CEOs, and other leaders in Paris will discuss creative and impactful solutions to climate change, while participants around the world take part through multi-language livestreamed video and real-time interactions across multiple social media platforms using the unifying hashtag #EarthToParis.
A unique mix of speakers will share their visions for the future. The first tranche of speakers– with more to come–includes:
• Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris
• Helen Clark, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
• Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
• Irina Bokova, Director-General, UNESCO
• Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Former Prime Minister of Norway; Special Envoy, United Nations; Deputy Chair, The Elders; Board Member, United Nations Foundation
• Esther Agbarakwe, Digital story-teller and +SocialGood Advisor
• Dr. Paul Bunje, Senior Director of Oceans, XPRIZE Foundation
• Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
• Rocky Dawuni, Singer, songwriter, Ambassador for United Nations Foundation-hosted Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
• Dr. Sylvia Earle, Marine biologist and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence
• Andrew Freedman, Science editor, Mashable
• Livia Firth, Film producer; Executive producer, The True Cost
• Blanca Juti, Chief Brand Officer, Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
• Dr. Jane Goodall, Primatologist, ethologist, anthropologist; United Nations Messenger of Peace
• Runa Khan, Executive Director, Friendship Bangladesh
• Ismaël le Mouël, Co-founder & President at HelloAsso; Founder, Social Good Week Paris; +SocialGood Advisor
• Anne-Sophie Novel, Economist, journalist, and organizer of Place to B COP 21
• Dr. M. Sanjayan, Conservation scientist, writer, and Emmy-nominated television news contributor
• Max Schorr, Co-Founder and Director, GOOD Magazine
• Jakob Trollbäck, Founder, Trollbäck + Company
• Ted Turner, Founder and Chairman of United Nations Foundation and Turner Enterprises, Inc.
• Timothy E. Wirth, Former United States Senator; Vice Chair, United Nations Foundation Board of Directors
COP21 is an extraordinary opportunity for the international community to rise to meet the threat of climate change. With the world recently adopting United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, a new set of global goals to end poverty in all its forms, fight inequalities and tackle climate change by 2030, Earth to Paris—Le Hub is primed to capture and build on the desire for leaders, businesses, organizations and individuals from the world to come together and call for real change.
The first day of Earth To Paris—Le Hub, 7 December, will convene at the Petit Palais in partnership with the City of Paris, and the second day, 8 December, will be held at UNESCO headquarters.
More information, including background and partner information and a live-stream of Earth to Paris—Le Hub, can be found at www.EarthToParis.org.